Friday 6 February 2015

Spider-Gwen #1 Variants - All Covers

Hello everyone,

I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy but so good! I will write another post with all updates soon.

This post however is dedicated to a new comic book series I cannot wait to read! After Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (the first appearance of Spider-Gwen) was published this character not surprisingly became very popular. When this comic came out I was very quick to buy the Greg Land variant cover from eBay for £14.99. This is because I am a long term Gwen Stacy fan and I also massively appreciate Land's art after his work on one of my favourite mini series, Phoenix Endsong. Today this cover is around the £100 mark.


This month Spider-Gwen is swinging out of the pages of Spider-Verse and into her all new series. Gwen's new adventures will be told to us by the creative team of Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez! I have compiled a list of all of the #1 variants that I can find so far (as I am trying to pre-order as many as I can) which I thought I would share with you today.

1) 1:25 Kirs Anka Variant.
 
2) 1:100 Adam Hughes Variant (one of the most expensive covers and also my favourite!)
 
 
3) Skottie Young Variant (my little sister, Lily, collects all of Young's baby variants!)
 
4) Blank for an artist to sketch on.

5) J Scott Campbell Midtown Comics Exclusive (Colour)

 
6) J Scott Campbell Midtown Comics Exclusive (Black and White)
 
5 and 6 can be found here for order; Midtown Comics Spider-Gwen Covers
 
7) Jorge Molina's Limited Edition Comix Exclusive ( Order Here )
 
 
 
8) Phantom Variant ASM #300 Homage - McKelvie (Colour)
 
 
 
9) Phantom Variants ASM #300 Homage - McKelvie (Black and White)
 
 
I ordered 8 and 9 from Forbidden Planet. Both comics were limited to 1 per customer. Forbidden Planet Link
 
10) Comic Xposure Exclusive Spider-Gwen #1 connecting to Amazing Spider-Man #15 (colour)
 
11) Comic Xposure Exclusive Spider-Gwen #1 connecting to Amazing Spider-Man #15 (Black and White)
 
 
10 and 11 can be found here to order - Comics Xposure
 
12) Jenny Frisson Warp 9 Exclusive
 
 
13) Pascal's Newbury Comics Exclusive (Link - Newbury Comics )
 
 
14) Jason Latour Heroes Variant
 
 
15) Comic Kings Tidewater Comic Con Exclusive - ASM #50 Homage
 
 
 
 
16) Hastings Exclusive Spider-Gwen #1 connects to Silk #1 (Hastings Link)
 
 
17) Adam Hughes Conquest Comics Exclusive (Link - Conquest Comics )
 

 
 
18) Rupp's Comics J Scott Campbell Exclusive + Black and White
Added: 12/02/2015 -  The variants can be pre-ordered from this website. 
 
 
 
19) Opena's Yesteryear Comics' Exclusive
Added: 13/02/2015
 
 
20) Humberto Ramos' La Mole Comic Convention Exclusive
 
21) Dynamic Forces Ken Haeser Blank Coloured Sketch Exclusive
  • Available to order straight from the Dynamic Forces website.
 
 
22) Dale Keown Four Colour Grail Exclusive
  • Found in a subscription box.
 
 
23) Midtown Comics Encore Edition
 
  24) Phantom Variants #300 Gold Encore Edition 

 The regular Spider-Gwen cover can be seen below!
 
That is it for now! If I find anymore I will update this post. Please comment if you know one that is missing.
 
My top tip for collecting the comic shop exclusive variants is to go straight to the comic shop itself or their website. It works out a lot cheaper buying them direct! :)
 
Until next time true believers,
Make Mine Marvel!
 
-Ellie x
06/02/2015
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment