Sunday 5 October 2014

Thinking to Printing

Welcome to my new blog!

As this is my first post I would like to take the chance to introduce myself and talk a bit about my work.

 
My name is Ellie Egleton and I was born on the 20th November 1995. I live at home with my Mum, Dad and little sister, Lily. I sudy Criminology and Sociology at the University of Surrey. I have a little red Fiat 500 and I am massive comic book geek. I like reading anything from All New X-Men to Harley Quinn and this is all because of my Dad who used to read me comics for my bedtime stories when I was younger. This has led to some amazing adventures such as publishing a fanzine called First Class Comic Review with Lily and a few of my special friends while at secondary school. Through our work on this fanzine we have been able to meet many of our idols including Stan Lee and our friend, Todd Dezago.
 
 
Watch our interview with Stan Lee here; http://www.therealstanlee.com/#our-weekend-with-stan-lee
 
Lily and I now write POP! Profiles for popvinyl.net and also review Funko figures on the popvinyl.net YouTube channel.
 
 
 
When I was about fourteen years old I began writing my first draft of an all-ages book called Classified Files of a Superhero. I wrote this in a notepad with a cover reading 'Evil Plans and Stuff!' It wasn't until I was seventeen when I finally finished the story and wanted to start the publishing process. I often had to take breaks from writing to revise for my GCSEs and A-Levels.
 
 
After being rejected by quite a few publishers I was still not ready to give up my dreams of publication. So this summer I printed my own copies of Classified Files of a Superhero, asking comic artist Kurt Wood to draw the cover. I gave these copies to family and to friends.
 
 
If you have any questions please leave a comment! :)
Thanks for reading,
Ellie x
 
 
Below are links featuring interviews Lily and I did where we talk about our love for comics and First Class Comic Review;
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment