Sunday 31 January 2016

Introducing Power Punch Boot Camp - A Graphic Novel

Hi Everyone,

Today's post is all about my upcoming graphic novel, Power Punch Boot Camp! I am working with the awesome Aw Yeah Comics' creator, Kurt Wood, to adapt my all-ages book, Classified Files of a Superhero, into a 92 page comic book.

The original book - available on Amazon.

I started writing Classified Files of a Superhero when I was around 14/15 and finally decided to self-publish it when I was 17 in September, 2014. I really missed the characters so last year I contacted Kurt to see if he would be up for drawing the graphic novel and I am so happy that he said yes! Some changes have been made for the graphic novel including it's new title and some edits have been made to the story and character designs.

I have now seen the cover to the Power Punch Boot Camp graphic novel as well as the first seven pages and it is amazing to see the story come to life. The art is truly fantastic and I can't wait to see more!

Power Punch Pin Up! - Kurt Wood (2016)
 

In March, I am flying to Chicago to meet Kurt at the C2E2 comic convention and we are hoping to show a few publishers our work so far.

I hope that after the graphic novel we will follow it up with an anthology called Power Punch Boot Camp - Campfire Tales which I have already started writing stories for.

This project has already been so fun to work on and I hope that future readers will love it! I have grown up reading comics and it's so cool to think that maybe one day I'll see a graphic novel that I wrote on comic book shelves.

Please check back for updates on the graphic novel's progress and feel free to comment! :D

Power Punch!
- Ellie x



No comments:

Post a Comment