Sunday 15 March 2015

London Super Comic Convention 2015

Today Lily, Dad and I went to our 4th annual London Super Comic Con at the Excel Centre. We always have a lot of fun when we go and in 2012 we were able to meet and interview Stan 'the man' Lee there.

This trip was very special as Lily and I both cosplayed. Lil went as Honey Lemon in her civilian outfit from Big Hero 6 which a lot of people recognised! I went as Gwen Stacy from Amazing Spider-Man #121. We both got our outfits from shops such as H&M and New Look while out shopping.

Some of my favourite photos;

Lil and I with the Marvel stand ups.
 
Spider-Gwen, Civil War Spidey, Spidey and I.


Spidey and I.

Dad, Lily and I.
 
 
We stopped by Midtown Comics stall who were giving out these great free Spider-Gwen comics and they also took my photo with their Spider-Gwen #1 cover!
 
 
Midtown Comics Tweet;
 

 
We did a lot of shopping and we each picked up some great buys. Here is some of the stuff I really loved! :)
 
Harley Quinn sketch by Guillem March
  • Guillem March was the artist on DC's Gotham City Sirens which was a comic series I really enjoyed so I was very happy to pick up this sketch of Harley for a very good price.
 
 
Harley Quinn Roller Derby Funko POP! Vinyl
  • This Funko is in the style of the new 52 Harley Quinn. We only saw one of these at the con. :)
 
 
Amazing Spider-Man #31, First Appearance of Gwen Stacy
  • From 1965. We lost this issue at an auction once so it is great to have found it today!
 
 
Avengers vs X-Men Gwen Stacy Variant
  • 50 Years of Spider-Man
 
 
Savage Wolverine #6 J Scott Campbell Variant
  • I got this cover for Elektra and because it is by one of my favourite artists.

 
Avengers and the X-Men Axis #1 Mike Mayhew Variant
  • Polaris and Scarlet Witch. Once again drawn by one of my favourite artists who I spoke about in my Spider-Gwen #3 blog post.
  • Midtown Comics exclusive.
 
Thanks for reading,
- Ellie x


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment