Saturday 1 August 2015

A Harley Quinn for All-Ages #2

Hi Everyone,

I got a lot of views on my last blog post featuring a transcript for an all-ages Harley Quinn #1. If you want to read it please check out this link - HQ#1. 

Harley Quinn #3 is also now available to read at this link.

Thank you to Jimmy Palmiotti for re-tweeting it! :D

This issue features a ball at Wayne Manor and a hidden camera show with the Creeper.


Page 1

Joker has hit hard times and is totally out of cash. He is trying to think of a way to sort out his money problems. When Harley comes by sends her out to make some money! 

1 – Joker is taking bills out of his and Harley’s mailbox.

In caption: Harley Quinn and the Joker’s top secret hideout.
Joker: No love letters. No fan mail. No party invites. Just a load of boring bills.

 
2 – Joker throwing bills over his shoulder.

Joker: It’s not like I can rob a bank every time I get the post. I’ll run out of banks, ha! 


3 – Joker slumping down on an old armchair.

Joker: What do I do?

 
4 – Harley comes up behind the chair.

Harley: Hiya puddin’!

 
5 – Joker with finger in air, lightbulb overhead. Harley blowing a kiss at him. She is sitting on the arm of the Joker’s chair.

Joker: Harley!

 
Page 2


1 – Harley grinning at the Joker.

Harley: What’s happenin’ Mr. J? 
Joker: We’ve ran out of cash again, sweet cheeks.
 

2 – Harley looking surprised.

Harley: Oh no! But what about all of our nice things? We love our nice things!
Joker: I know, I know.

 
3 – Harley has bounced off of the chair, pointing at Bud and Lou.

Harley: And our babies! How are we going to afford to feed our babies?
Joker: No one will be eating around here for a while.

 
4 – Zoom in on a grinning Joker. Harley’s face close to his like he’s about to tell her a secret.

Joker: Unless…
Harley: Unless what puddin’?

 
Page 3

1 – Joker waving her off.

Joker: No, no. It’s too much to ask.
Harley: Tell me, I’ll do anything for you.


2 – Joker playing with one of Harley’s pompoms.

Joker: Well seeing as you’re so persistent... we need some quick cash my dear and I think you’re just the gal to go get it.
Harley: Aww puddin’, you have faith in me.

 
3 - Joker giving Harley a kiss on the cheek.

Joker: Of course I do!
Harley: Eek!

 
4 – Joker with hands on Harley’s shoulders leading her to the door.

Joker: Now get outta here you little scamp and bring back lots of money for our little love nest!
Harley: Ahhh!

 
5 – Joker slamming the door on Harley.

Harley: Mr. J. wants come cash? Fine. I’ll bring back so much money that he won’t know what to do with it all!
SFX of door closing: Bang!

 
6 – Harley looking back at their lair.

Harley: I won’t let you down puddin’.


 
Page 4
1 – Harley walking down the streets of Gotham.
In caption: As Harley paces the Gotham City streets she is in deep thought.
Harley in thought: What can I do to get some money around here?
 
2 – Harley thinking, in thought bubble a picture of her writing a top selling book.
In caption which reflects Harley’s thoughts: I could write a top selling book all about me. I’ll call it ‘Harley the Hench Girl’.
 
3 – Similar, also in a thought bubble, Harley signing her book at a crowded book store. People in line all holding money in their hands.
In caption: I bet people will queue up at book shops just for me to sign it and I’ll charge like $500 for my autograph. I’ll be rich in no time!
 
4 – Thought bubble gets darker, angry Poison Ivy, Joker and Catwoman now inside it.
In caption: But I can’t write a-tell-all book without talking about Mr. J., Ivy and Catwoman! They’ll go nuts if I reveal their secrets.
 
5 – Thought bubble going pop. Harley’s phone ringing. Harley ready to answer it.
SFX: Ring, ring. Ring, ring.
Harley: Ooh a call!
 
6 – Caller I.D. shows a little photo of Catwoman.
Harley: It’s Kitty!



Page 5
1 – Harley answering the call. Split panel, Catwoman in other half speaking on the phone.
Harley: Hello, you’ve reached the princess of pumpkin town. Please leave a message after the beep, beeeeeep.
Catwoman: Knock it off Harl’, I know it’s you.
 
2 – Catwoman on the phone, maybe lying across the sofa, stroking a kitty.
Catwoman: I was just wondering if you are still going to Bruce Wayne’s masked ball tonight.
 
3 – Back to Harley who is perhaps face palming herself.
Harley: Oh I completely forgot about that.
 
4 – Harley has another thought bubble idea which shows herself robbing Wayne Manor.
Harley: Hey, Brucie Boy is rich, right?
 
5 – Back to Catwoman who has little love hearts around her head to show that she loves Bruce.
Catwoman: That’s right.
 
6 – Harley doing a little jump for joy.
Harley: Whoop! I knew I’d sort out my money troubles somehow. I’ll be at yours soon and we can get going. Buh-bye.

Page 6


1 – Catwoman sitting up right.
Catwoman in thought: Money troubles? Oh great.

 

2 – Catwoman looking over her shoulder at her front door.
SFX: Knock, knock, knock.
Catwoman in thought: Here she is now.

 
3 – Catwoman answering the door. Harley standing there in a ball gown which is split black and red. Harley has a black mask on still but her blonde hair is showing and is done up in a prom-like hairstyle.
Harley: I’m all done up and ready to go paint the town!
Catwoman: Come inside, I’ll go get changed.

 
4 – Harley looking in the mirror at her beautiful dress.
Harley in thought: My plan is perfect. I can’t wait to take home bags full of Wayne’s dollar bills. My Joker is gonna love it!

 
 5 – Catwoman coming down the stairs in an elegant ball gown and mask.

Catwoman: I’m ready.
Harley: Ooh you scrub up nice, Kitty-Kat! Let’s go!

 
Page 7

1 – Harley and Catwoman arriving in a convertible car outside a lit up Wayne Manor. Lots of cars already there.

In Caption: Outside Wayne Manor.
Harley: Yipee! We’re here, we’re here!
Catwoman: Yes we are. Now we’ve just got to get inside.

 
2 – Harley and Catwoman standing at the door which Alfred Pennyworth has opened. Catwoman showing him the invitation.

Alfred: Welcome back Miss Kyle.
Catwoman: Thanks, Alfred.

 
3 – Alfred looking at Harley with suspicion.

Alfred: Are you Miss Kyle’s plus one?
Harley: Yep, that’s me! We’re just two peas in a pod. C’mon Kitty, let’s get goin’.

 
4 – Harley taking Catwoman by the arm and taking her inside excitedly. Catwoman waving good-bye to Alfred who you can still see at the door.

 
5 – Zoom in on Alfred.

Alfred in thought: Oh I do hope bringing Harley Quinn here was a good idea, Miss Kyle.


Page 8

1 – Harley pushing past lots of Wayne’s guests.

Harley: Outta my way, chumps.
Random Rich Person: How rude.

 
2 – Catwoman catching up with Harley.

Catwoman: You know, you can’t really behave like that here, Harl’.
Harley: But I don’t care about these folks. I’m only lookin’ for one person.

 
3 – Catwoman speaking directly to Harley.

Catwoman: Same here but you don’t see me pushing through crowds.
Harley: That’s because it ain’t your style.
Catwoman: You got that right!

 
4 – Harley searching the room, using her fingers in a circle as binoculars over her eyes.

Harley: I’m looking for the richest one in here.
Catwoman: And who is that?

 
5 – Harley pointing to a portrait of Bruce Wayne.

Harley: Bruce Wayne of course!


6 – Catwoman with one eyebrow raised.

Catwoman: What do you want with Bruce?


Page 9

1 – Harley putting one finger over her lip so it looks like she is trying to keep herself quiet. Catwoman looking fed up, her hands on her hips.

Harley: Wouldn’t you like to know.
Catwoman: Well seeing as I am the one who brought you here I think you should tell me.

 
2 – Harley calling Catwoman closer.

Harley: Okay, fine. But if I tell ya, you can’t tell nobody else. Okay?
Catwoman: Okay.

 
3 – Harley whispering in Catwoman’s ear.

Harley: I am here to marry Bruce Wayne.

 
4 – Catwoman pulling away, laughing.

Catwoman: Hahahaha! You and Bruce? Together? Married? Girl, you do make me laugh.


5 – Harley trying to shh Catwoman.

Harley: Shhhh, I told ya to keep it quiet. My plan is going to work. You’ll see.

 
6 – Catwoman wiping away tears of laughter.

Catwoman: Aren’t you forgetting someone? What about your boyfriend?



Page 10


1 – Harley handing Catwoman a tissue.

Harley: Well what the Joker doesn’t know won’t kill him right? He sent me out to get some money and that’s what I’m gonna do.
Catwoman: I still don’t understand why you’ve got to marry Bruce. Can’t you just rob the guy instead?

 
2 – Harley shaking her head.

Harley: No, no, no. There’s security guards all over the place and I don’t want to end up back in Arkham. The only thing I’ll be stealing tonight is Brucie’s heart and then his money will be all mine.

 
3 – Catwoman getting a little bit more serious.

Catwoman: Okay, so let’s say you do actually marry Wayne. Don’t you think he’ll notice when all of his funds start going missing?


4 – Harley not looking worried.

Harley: I’ve got a plan for that too. I’ll just bump ol’Brucie off. Then poor widow Harley will go back to her puddin’ and be rich for ever more! Ha!   

 
5 – Catwoman looking stunned. Harley smiling.

Catwoman: …


Page 11


1 – Bruce Wayne pops up and stands in between Catwoman and Harley.

Bruce: Good evening ladies.
Catwoman: Bruce!

 
2 – Bruce smiling. Catwoman trying to direct Bruce over to someone else with her eyes and movement of her head.

Bruce: Hello Miss Kyle. I hope you are having a lovely evening.
Catwoman: Don’t you have guests over there you need to talk too.

 
3 – Harley links her arm to Bruce’s.

Harley: Not so fast Brucie. I think we should have a dance.
Bruce: Um okay, Miss-?

 
4 – Harley looking at a newspaper article written by Clark Kent.

Harley: Miss Kent.
Bruce: Miss Kent?
Harley: Yep! Pleasure to meet’cha!

 
5 – Bruce asking Harley quietly.

Bruce: Superman didn’t send you did he?
Harley: Superman? Ha! Why would Superman send me here?
Bruce: Hmm, no reason.



Page 12


 
1 – Bruce’s flashback to a Batman/Superman chat on top of a building.

In Caption: A little while ago.
Batman: I’m having a masked ball at my place and you and Lois are welcome to come.
Superman: That’s a terrible idea.

 

2 – Similar to panel 1 but Batman’s eyes wider in surprise.

Batman: Why is it a terrible idea?
Superman: Wayne Manor holds the secret entrance to the batcave. Anyone could find it.

 
3 - Batman’s eyes now more narrow.

Batman: I’ll keep an eye on all of my guests and make sure no one gets close to the batcave.
Superman: That would be an easy task for me with my super eyesight but not for you. Bats are blind, remember?

 
4 – Superman with thought bubble picturing Harley Quinn sneaking into the batcave.

Superman: Plus, anyone can show up in a mask and pretend to be someone else. I bet Harley Quinn does.

 
5 – Batman shaking off the idea.

Batman: No, Harley is too ditsy to be able to pull a stunt like that without me knowing. Trust me Kent, it’s my party and I’ll have everything under control.

Page 13


1 – Harley and Bruce on the dance floor.

In Caption: Back at the party.
Harley: So Brucie, have you got a girlfriend?
Bruce: Well, almost.
Harley: Almost?

 
2 – Bruce looking over at Catwoman. Harley following his vision.

Harley: Wait a minute, you like Selina?
Bruce: Yes.
Harley: Excuse me for a quick sec.

 
3 – Harley rushes over to Catwoman.

Harley: You never ever told me you had a thing going on with Brucie!
Catwoman: I didn’t think it was important.

 
4 – Harley swooning.

Harley: Aww I’m not gonna stand in the way of true love if he’s your puddin’.
Catwoman: Please don’t call him that.

 
5 – Harley directing Catwoman towards Bruce.

Harley: I can’t marry him now. What kinda friend would that make me?


6 – Harley pushes Catwoman into Bruce.

Harley: Now have a good night and I’ll catch ya two later.

 
7 – Harley passing Alfred on the way out.

Harley: Hey, you’re not rich are ya?
Alfred: I am afraid not, Miss ‘Kent’. 
Harley: Ah well, never hurts to ask.



Page 14



1 – Harley is back in her classic costume and is on a bench just outside the Wayne Manor gates.

Harley in thought: Well that plan didn’t work. What should I do now?

 
2 – A Gotham TV filming van drives past. A lightbulb over Harley’s head.

Harley in thought: Ooh I know! I’ve got a show stopping idea.

 
3 – Harley thinking back to the good ol’days when she had her own TV show called Heart to Heart with Harley. (Batman Strikes – Ep. Two of a Kind). This panel shows Harleen Quinzel chatting to a guest on the TV set’s sofa.    

In Caption: When I was just boring Harleen Quinzel, I had my own talk show where I helped my guests out with their problems.

 

4 – Harley imagining herself in Hollywood.

In Caption: Now I am the fun lovin' Harley Quinn imagine what a TV show I could have! I’ll get paid so much money!

 

5 – Harley on a motorbike driving through a ring of fire.

In Caption: I could have a show where I do loads of awesome stunts and the audience would go wild with applause.

 
6 – Harley’s imaging herself as a news reporter, reporting from Arkham Asylum.

In Caption: Or I could be a news reporter! I’ll go all over Gotham talking to the folks at home about what’s goin’ on in this crazy city.

 

Page 15


 
1 – Harley knocking at the Creeper’s door.

Harley in thought: I know that show business is hard to break into which is why it’s important to have the right contacts.

 
2 – The Creeper answers the door.

Caption pointing to the Creeper: The Creeper, formally known as Jack Ryder.
Harley: Creeper, baby, I need your help.
The Creeper: Come on in, Harley Quinn!

 

3 – Inside the Creeper’s house. Creeper trying to kiss Harley on the cheek but Harley keeping him at arm’s length.

The Creeper: Finally dumped the Joker and come looking for a real man?
Harley: Eww no. Stop creepin’, Creeper.

 

4 – Photo on the wall of Jack Ryder, reporting.

Harley: You used to be a news reporter right? When you were Jack Ryder?
Creeper: Yes. Yes I was.

 
5 – Harley asking the Creeper a question who is thinking.

Harley: Do you still have any links with the Gotham news station? I wanna be a reporter like you were.
Creeper: Hmm I can’t say that I do. Plus there’s so many news reporters like Vicki Vale that there’s no room in this city for another one.

 
6 – Harley looking at the floor sad. Creeper’s got his arm around her.

Harley: Oh.
Creeper: But don’t worry honey, I’ve got another idea. We’ll do our own hidden camera TV show where we prank people around Gotham.  


Page 16

1 – Harley grinning at the Creeper.

Harley: Ooh I like it!
Creeper: We’ll make everybody laugh and be rolling in money. It’s a win/win situation.  

 
2 – Harley looking unsure.

Harley: Hmm I dunno if Mr. J. would want me playin’ around with the people of Gotham without him though.
Creeper: It’ll be fine. I pinkie promise.
Harley: Okay. I’m on board this crazy train!

 
3 –The Creeper is holding a camera and pointing it at Harley who is standing by a fountain in the Gotham City Park. Harley is holding a little stick of dynamite.

In Caption: Over at Gotham City Park, Harley Quinn and the Creeper are ready to start filming their new TV show.
Creeper: 3, 2, 1, action!
Harley: Hello Gotham!

 
4 – Zoom in on Harley.

Harley: I’m gonna throw this stick of dynamite into this water fountain and everyone around it will get wet. It’s gonna be a blast.

 
5 – Similar to panel 4.

Harley: Kiddies, don’t try this at home!


Page 17

1 – Harley throws the stick of dynamite in the fountain.
SFX: Splash!

 
2 – The water fountain explodes and water splashes out everywhere.
SFX: Boom!

 
3 – Harley and the Creeper laughing hysterically.

Harley and the Creeper: Hahahahahaha!

 
4 – The people of Gotham around the fountain are soaked and very unhappy.

Random person of Gotham: Look its Harley Quinn and the Creeper.
Random person of Gotham 2: Someone call Batman.

 
5 – Harley points out to the Creeper the bat signal in the sky.

Harley: We gotta get outta here fast! B-Man is comin’.
Creeper: This is going to make our comedy a drama.


Page 18

1 – Harley running through the park, Creeper chasing her with the camera.

Harley: Batman always gets called when I’m havin’ a bit of fun!
Creeper: Don’t worry, we can out run him.

 
2 – Batman lands in front of them.

Batman: Actually, I don’t think you can.

 
3 – Creeper leaping at Batman while Harley slips away.

Creeper: I’ll distract him Harley, run!

 

4 – Batman punches the Creeper.
SFX: Pow!

 
5 – Batman handcuffing the Creeper to a tree.

Batman: Tell me where Harley Quinn has gone.
Creeper: Hahaha I wouldn’t tell you even if I knew! I love her.




Page 19

 
1 – Harley running through the park.

Harley: Where’s Ivy where I need her?

 
2 – Poison Ivy emerging from the trees.

Poison Ivy: I’m right here, Harl’. What kind of trouble have you got yourself into this time?

 

3 – Harley looking behind her for Batman.

Harley: Basically Mr. J. sent me out to get some cash…
Ivy: I’m assuming not from an ATM?

 
4 – Harley talking straight to Ivy.

Harley: No. So I went to Wayne’s masked ball to try and bag myself a rich guy but that didn’t work out. So I thought I’d try and make it on TV as I used to have that talk show, ‘Heart to Heart with Harley’.
Ivy: I remember that.

 
5 – Harley has made her fingers into a box shape and has put them in front of her face like a camera.

Harley: Who doesn’t? Anyway, I went and asked the Creeper for help an’ we started our own hidden camera prank show but then Batman turned up and now I’m here talkin’ to you.
Ivy: I see.



Page 20

1 – Harley pleading with Ivy.

Harley: Can ya help me red, please?
Ivy: I will but on one condition.

 
2 – Ivy with hands on her hips.

Harley: Anythin’, I promise.
Ivy: You have to leave the Joker.

 
3 – Harley in a bit of a panic.

Harley: My puddin’? I don’t think I can.
Ivy: Then you get left behind for the Batman to find.

 
4 – Ivy pointing at Batman who is emerging.

Ivy: Oh look, here he is now.
Harley: Don’t make me do this red.


5 – Batman getting closer.

Ivy: Batman is getting closer. It’s time for me to go.
Harley: Okay, okay! I’ll come with you!
 


Page 21


1 – Ivy raising a giant flower under her and Harley’s feet.

Ivy: Good choice.

 
2 – Ivy closing the flower which is high above the ground. Harley waving goodbye to Batman.

Harley: Later loser.

 
3 – Giant flower knocks Batman across the park. Harley sticking her tongue out at him.
SFX: Thwak!

Harley: Hahahaha! That teaches you for spoilin’ my fun, Bats!

 
4 – Harley and Ivy leaving the park on top of their giant flower.

SFX: Stomp, stomp, stomp!
Ivy: Smell that, Harl’. Freedom!

 
5 – Batman back at the tree where the Creeper is locked up. His costume is a bit muddy.

Creeper: Harley’s such a great gal, isn’t she Bats?
Batman: Grrr.
 


Page 22

1 – Panel shows the exterior to Poison Ivy’s greenhouse. A sign reading ‘planet nursery’ is hung up outside.

In Caption: Back at Poison Ivy’s nursery for plants.


2 – Harley watching the news which is reporting the arrest of the Creeper. Ivy watering a potted plant.

Harley: Poor Creeper, I feel kinda responsible for his arrest. I hope he likes it back at Arkham.
Ivy: He’ll be fine. You’ll be over it soon.

 
3 – Harley looking sad.

Harley: Yeah.


4 – Ivy coming over to comfort Harley.

Ivy: Trust me, Harl’. You’re going to love it here.
Harley: I know.

 
5 – Ivy handing Harley a watering can.

Ivy: Want to help me out a bit? The plants need watering and then maybe we can order in some pizza.
Harley: Pizza? Wahoo! Gimme that waterin’ can, red!

 
6 – Ivy hugging Harley.

Ivy: This is going to be great!

The End.

Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Thanks for reading,

- Ellie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment